The Trans-Pacific Slave Trade
Article Link - 15 Minute History
- What is the Trans-Pacific Slave trade?
- What is the Manila Galleon?
- Who is Diego De la Cruz?
- Where is Manila?
The Trans-Pacific slave trade relates to WWI in which there was a lot of fighting and wars between the Spanish and hte natives. They converted all the people to Christianity and this was tough at times. The slave trade led to improved technologies, like slave galleon ships, just like WWI led to a lot of new modern technologies.
- The Manila Galleon is an annual flotilla between Manila and Acapulco.
- The article describes the life of Diego de la Cruz, a slave who managed to escape slavery in Central America.
- The Spanish chose Manila as a new capital because it was near China and was very easy for them to join the trading network. Manila was also a good location to start converting all of Asia to Christianity.