North Korea Freedom of Information and Opinion
Article Link - 15 Minute History
- Where is North Korea?
- How is the right being violated?
- Who is North Korea’s leader?
- What does North Korea do about the right?
In our class, we learned about WWI and how there was a lot of propaganda being created about fighting in the war. People created a lot of posters and advertisement recruiting men to fight the glorious war. North Korea does similar style of propaganda, telling the people in their country how amazing they are and how the rest of the world is terrible.
- The Press Freedom index rates North Korea 97/100, with 100 being the worst.
- The Press Status is officially noted as ‘Not Free’.
- North Korea’s freedom of information and opinion gained attention after the regime threatened war on the United States over a comedy called the Interview, depicting an attempt to assassinate Kim Jong Un.
- North Korea’s citizens secretly tune into foreign radios and TV stations, to get uncensored information.